Saturday, October 27, 2012

So Much Crafty Goodness!

Wow!  It's great to be back after such a loonnnngggg hiatus!  Not that I haven't been around - life has just been happening:)  My two boys are growing faster than weeds - Andrew is already 7 months and been a pro at crawling for at least a month now.  There's no slowing that boy down!  Seth is full throttle in Kindergarten mode - I love that he loves school so much and the transition went so smoothly.  I couldn't have asked for better:)

Over the past few months I have not had much time to be crafty at all, until the past couple of weeks.  I am so glad to say that I was able to go on a scrappy retreat a couple of weekends ago.  My dear hubby took care of both kiddos so I could get away and get some much-needed scrap-therapy!  It was my first trip to the Rivendell Retreat House in East Bernard, TX.  Such a charming little house in such a serene setting.  And the company made it that much more great to enjoy:)  I got a few precious projects done, so I finally felt like I got something accomplished.

My hope for my blog is, now that I've gotten a little catching up done, scrapping-wise and in my personal life (still adjusting to life with two kids!), that I will be posting more often.  I love crafting and creating and sharing with others the things that make me most happy in life, and this blog is where I love to do that! 



So, without further ado, here is what I have been up to as of late!  These are pics of all the projects I worked on while on scrappy retreat - hope you enjoy them as much as I do:)  The pics above are of an album I made of all of my older son's individual and class photos.  I used a cute little chipboard album I bought at CKC this year. 

Next, are pictures of a few of the Halloween cards I made this year.  As usual, My Mind's Eye papers were used on most of them - my absolute FAVE paper line:)  I used card sketches of past Mojo Monday challenges to help me with my layouts.  I even whipped out the sewing machine to do a little stitching on a couple of them.  Stitching on cards is something I'd like to do more of.






Here is a little Halloween chipboard album I made with MME papers and embellies.  All I need to do now is snap a few pics of the boys on Halloween and maybe a few pics of our Halloween decor and insert!  I really love all the glittery paper MME did this year - love me some glitter and bling:)





And last, but not least, here are some pics of the most beautiful dress form I received in a dress form swap!  I was so blown away by how beautiful she is!  I cannot thank Michelle enough for this gorgous girl:)  The detail is just amazing on her!






So, how's that for my first blog post in months?!  Much more to catch up on and hope to make another post tomorrow about a special e-course I'm taking part in right now about home design and how to find your personal style!  Can't wait to share:)  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment